Home Degrees & Programs Bachelor's Degrees BS in Integrated Leadership Studies BS-ILS to MSA Accelerated Degree Program
BS/ILS to MSA Accelerated Degree Program
Great rewards for excellent students – an opportunity to have 12 credits of your
Bachelor of Science degree with a Major in Integrated Leadership Studies program
count toward your Master of Science in Administration degree!
Working on your bachelor’s degree?
An added advantage of the Bachelor of Science degree with a Major in Integrated
Leadership Studies is getting a head start on your master’s degree. Many
businesses, both public and non-profit, look for a master’s degree in their
Already a BS/ILS student with a 3.0 GPA?
This accelerated program is the perfect segue into the Master of Science in
Administration degree, a solid management program that can lead to upper-level
Are you a military student?
The BS/ILS has a special military track, and you can move right into the MSA
degree. Over 140 flag officers have earned their MSA through CMU; shouldn’t you?
To apply for the accelerated program you must:
- Be admitted to the Bachelor of Science degree with a major in
Integrated Leadership Studies through CMU Online
- Have finished all your General Education requirements
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed 86 credit hours of your BS/ILS program
Please contact your advisor after completing 80 credit hours of your BS/ILS
program to see if you qualify to apply to this accelerated program. Your advisor
will help you with the required forms and applications.
The Accelerated Program
- 12 hours of MSA courses (MSA 600, 601, 603, and 604) will be taken during your
bachelor’s degree program. These courses will count toward both your BS/ILS and
your MSA degree if you earn a 3.0 or higher in each MSA course.
- These courses are part of the core courses of the MSA program. You may choose
any of the MSA concentrations available through CMU Off-Campus and Online
Programs. Not all concentrations are available online.
- You will not have to pay the application fee for your MSA degree.
- You must earn a 3.0 or higher in all four of these MSA courses for them to apply
to your MSA degree. If you do not earn a 3.0 or higher in all of these courses,
you have two choices:
- Retake the MSA course(s) in which you earned less than a 3.0 before you graduate
from your BS/ILS program. If you raise your grades to 3.0 or higher in all the
MSA courses, they will count toward your MSA, and you will remain in the
- Accept your current grade(s). You will be removed from the accelerated degree
program, and the MSA course(s) you have taken will count toward your BS/ILS
Find out more about the Master of Science in Administration degree